Mighty oaks from little acorns grow? Are you kidding us? We will just go straight to the mighty acorn.
First, the good news. The hu-dad was able to pick Queen Natasha up at the hospital Christmas morning and she soon rejoined The Herd. She is sporting a stylish reverse poodle hair cut on her leg from the IVs that she took. She certainly napped more than normal all day. And she is on a special prescription diet with multiple small deals a day (much to the horror of the rest of The Herd). But she is home. And as we said on our Facebook Fan Page yesterday – Best Christmas Present Ever.
The doctors ruled out any sort of toxin and artificial blockage, and decided that the irritation in the stomach and intestine membrane came from something she ate. Specifically, something that irritated the membranes as it moved through her system.
Now all good humans to dogs are quite the poop detective. But veterinarians are expert poop detectives and, in Natasha’s case, they collected and analyzed what was produced. The likely suspect – a whole acorn. Yep, Natasha is quite the fan of the acorns that are readily available in our yard and on walks. For the most part, they cause no harm and are quite the tasty treat. BUT, an acorn swallowed whole can cause irritation and that started the chain reaction of events.
Whatever the cause, we are thrilled to have Natasha back in our midst. She will be on a restricted diet and exercise for several days, but we had a really good sign Christmas Evening that the Queen was back. We were out for a short walk and Qannik was walking too close. The Queen growled at him. Sheeeeeeeee’s back!
P.S. – Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. We are way behind on reading your blogs, but promise to catch up soon!